Digital Media and Marketing Intern
Chesapeake BaySavers Digital Media and Marketing Internship
POSITION: Digital Media and Marketing Internship with Chesapeake BaySavers in Annapolis, MD
TERM: Position available from January 2018 to June 2018
HOURS: Part-Time, full-time, or based on internship guidelines with university
CREDIT: Academic credit possible, depending on your university’s policy
PAY: This is an unpaid internship, compensation for travel and other expenses can be reimbursed
DEADLINE: February 1, 2018
The Chesapeake BaySavers is an Annapolis-based environmental nonprofit group with a mission to restore the health of the Chesapeake Bay for generations to come through legislation, environmental education, community outreach, and hands-on restoration work.
In order to accomplish our mission, Chesapeake BaySavers is made up of two separate entities that each play a vital role:
- Chesapeake BaySavers Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to restore the health of the Chesapeake Bay through education, community outreach and hands-on environmental work.
- Chesapeake BaySavers, Inc. is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve, protect and promote the health of the Chesapeake Bay through legislative efforts, with a focus on legislation that affects oysters.
We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking, passionate individual to join our team.
As an intern with the Chesapeake BaySavers you will:
- Assist in the development and production of social media messaging
- Assist in setting strategic goals, developing metrics, defining audiences and identifying key tactical frameworks
- Assist in monitoring and responding to online conversations
- Assist in using creative tools to support content creation needs
- Assist in daily tasks that come with running a nonprofit – this includes but is not limited to phone calls, email responses, social media outreach, website design, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: Successful candidates should have a strong background and interest in environmental science, communications, or a related field. A combination of hands-on experience and background education is a plus. Candidate MUST be available at least three days a week, all day and on some weekends. The assistant must be comfortable lifting at least 40lbs. In addition, candidate should be familiar with environmental issues and problems facing the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, and be able to work with the general public and volunteers of all ages and backgrounds.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 1, 2018.
Subject: Digital Media and Marketing Internship