Event Management Internship
POSITION: Internship with Chesapeake BaySavers in Annapolis, MD
TERM: Position available from January 2018 to June 2018
HOURS: Part-Time, full-time, or based on internship guidelines with university
CREDIT: Academic credit possible, depending on your university’s policy
PAY: Unpaid internship, compensation for travel and other expenses may be reimbursed
DEADLINE: January 31, 2018
The Chesapeake BaySavers is an Annapolis-based environmental nonprofit group with a mission to restore the health of the Chesapeake Bay for generations to come through legislation, environmental education, community outreach, and hands-on restoration work.
In order to accomplish our mission, Chesapeake BaySavers is made up of two separate entities that each play a vital role:
- Chesapeake BaySavers Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to restore the health of the Chesapeake Bay through education, community outreach and hands-on environmental work.
- Chesapeake BaySavers, Inc. is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve, protect and promote the health of the Chesapeake Bay through legislative efforts, with a focus on legislation that affects oysters.
We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking, passionate individual to join our team.
As an intern with the Chesapeake BaySavers you will:
- Assist in the development and production of fundraising events
- Assist in soliciting sponsorships and donations for annual events
- Assist in creating and following a specific event work plan
- Assist in logistical planning and committee meetings
- Assist in daily tasks that come with running a nonprofit – this includes but is not limited to phone calls, email responses, social media outreach, website design, etc.
Successful candidates should have a strong background and interest in environmental science, communications, event management or production, logistics, or other related field. A combination of hands-on experience and background education is a plus. Candidate MUST be available at least three days a week, all day and on some weekends. The assistant must be comfortable lifting at least 40lbs. In addition, candidate should be familiar with environmental issues and problems facing the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, and be able to work with the general public and volunteers of all ages and backgrounds.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than January 31, 2018.
Subject: Event Management Internship