Opportunity for Landscape Contractors
Would you like to be a landscape contractor for the StormwaterWise Landscapes program? Arlington County is seeking experienced designers, contractors and other landscape professionals to provide services for Arlington County residents and HOAs participating in its StormwaterWise Landscapes grant program. The StormwaterWise Landscapes program provides incentives for private property owners to install rain gardens, pervious pavement, conservation landscaping, and pavement removal. Please join us for this half-day StormwaterWise contractor training which will cover:
- How the program works
- Plan submittal requirements
- Design and construction guidelines
- Question and answer period
Contractors must complete the training to be included on the StormwaterWise Contractor List on the program’s web site. Contractors should have experience with sustainable landscaping projects. If you have worked on StormwaterWise projects in the past, you are still required to attend the training to learn about recent program updates.
- Wednesday, January 11th, 2017– 9 AM – 2PM. Fairlington Community Center, 3308 S. Stafford St. Arlington
The training is free. Lunch will be provided.
To register for the training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-228-3610.
StormwaterWise Landscapes web site: http://environment.arlingtonva.us/stormwaterwise/
Why Should My Business Become a StormwaterWise Landscapes Contractor?
There are many benefits to landscape professionals who attend a StormwaterWise training and are added to the StormwaterWise Contractor List.
- Increased business within the environmental communities
- Exposure on the StormwaterWise website and other outreach campaigns.
- Expanded skill set – stormwater runoff is a growing problem in urban and suburban communities and the skills learned will only serve your business in the future.
- Inspiration! Understanding how to prevent stormwater runoff through landscaping could help inspire future design projects