Leadership Development Institute
Nonprofit Financial Management Training Series
- Are you concerned that your budget does not reinforce your organization’s mission and strategic plan?
- Are you worried about making payroll and other indirect costs?
- Does your organization experience cash flow problems during the fiscal year?
- Do you scramble at the last minute to put together the financials for a grant report?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you would benefit from attending River Network’s upcoming Nonprofit Financial Management Training series. This program is part of River Network’s Organizational Development Institute*.
Presented by Tara Watkins, River Network’s Finance Director.
This series is designed for small- and medium- sized organizations (less than $1M budget) and will cover:
- The Financial Management Cycle – Nonprofit Accounting Fundamentals
- Planning – Budgets and Projections
- Execution, Tracking, Reporting – Financial Statements
- More Reporting and Analysis – Additional Reports
- Monitoring – Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Additional Topics in Financial Management
Participants will develop and/or refine the following financial management skills:
- Understanding the key distinction between accrual and cash methods of accounting
- Using good financial tools to make management decisions
- Constructing budgets, balance sheets, income & expense statements and cash flow documents that are tailored to the needs of your particular non-profit organization.
- Analyzing financial documents to determine the position of an organization in the near term (0 to 3 months) and longer term (12 to 18 months).
- Effectively communicating the financial position of your organization to your staff, board, and major supporters.
- Establishing recommended internal control procedures
When you register you get:
- Six webinars on the topics listed above, ranging from 75-90 minutes in length;
- Up to 5 hours of group office hours led by Tara Watkins, the lead trainer; and,
- For each group that completes a Financial Plan of Action, your organization will receive two additional hours of personalized consultation.
Each of the six webinars presented on the first Thursday of every month from Feb through July 1:00- 2:30pm Eastern time. (Feb 2, Mar 2, Apr 6, May 4, June 8, July 6)
COST: $597 (General Registration); $415 (River Network members).
A single registration allows up to three of your staff or Board to log into each webinar.
If you have any questions, please email Mary Ellen Olcese at firstname.lastname@example.org
* River Network’s Organizational Development Institute
River Network’s Organizational Development Institute combines expert-led instruction, peer support, and individualized coaching to help you build a more effective river and watershed organization. We can help you build a stronger Board, enhance your leaders’ skills, diversify your organization’s funding, and enjoy peace of mind about your organization’s finances.