The Alliance is a regional nonprofit organization whose mission is to lead, support, and inspire local action to restore and protect the land and waters of the Chesapeake Bay watershed. The Alliance brings together the skills and passion of citizens, watershed groups, businesses, and governments to build collaborative solutions and creative programs and build a strong commitment to stewardship that benefits the land, waters, and residents of the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
The Alliance has received funding from the Altria Group to install green infrastructure practices throughout Richmond, specifically focusing on Manchester, Church Hill and Scotts Addition. The Alliance has partnered with the Neighborhood Resources Center in Fulton Hill to install a rain garden as part of their outdoor area. The Neighborhood Resources Center is a hub for the community and is actively growing food on site. The rain garden installed will treat stormwater from the adjacent black top play area and be incorporated into their existing edible gardens. We anticipate completing construction of the garden in early spring to ensure the edible gardens are available for use for spring and summer planting. Planting will occur with the help of neighborhood volunteers.
The Alliance is seeking a contractor to install two 150 square foot rain gardens connected by a conveyance channel at the Neighborhood Resources Center (NRC). The project will treat 3,420 square feet of impervious surface in a vegetated area between the black top and alley. Scope of Work:
• Design two rain gardens to capture 3,420 square feet of impervious surface in between edible gardens and one conservation landscaping, based on attached site plan.
• Install rain gardens to a depth of 30 inches and conveyance channel in the Spring of 2017, working with the Alliance and NRC staff.
• The contractor will be responsible for sourcing any equipment needed to install the rain gardens.
• Neighborhood community volunteers will come out to plant the garden in April 2017, please do not include labor in estimate.
• The contractor and the Alliance will work together to source plants, soil media, mulch and river rock, estimated prices should be included in the bid.
Submit your bid to Liz Chudoba at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on February 22, 2017.
Please include a detailed narrative that addresses the following:
• You/your company’s cost estimate to complete the project detailed in this RFB.
• You/your company’s experience with and knowledge of relevant stormwater management practices and green infrastructure practices.
• You/your company’s ability to carry out the responsibilities listing in this Request for Bids.
• You/your company’s ability to carry out the installation of suggested practices.
• Please include photos of similar projects previously completed by your company.
For the full Request for Bid click: NRC Request for Bid