The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay, a regional non-profit organization based in Annapolis, Maryland with offices in Virginia and Pennsylvania, seeks a qualified and highly motivated person for the Richmond, VA office to provide administrative support to the Chesapeake Bay Program’s Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC).
About the Alliance: The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay’s (Alliance) core mission is to lead, support and inspire local action to restore and protect the lands, rivers and streams of the Chesapeake Bay watershed. This mission is accomplished through strong partnerships with communities, businesses, NGOs, and governments across our region; working to inspire people and communities to be stewards of their local streams; and through creation and support of innovative local and regional programs that produce measurable results. The Alliance supports the Citizens’ Advisory Committee under a Cooperative Agreement with the US EPA Chesapeake Bay Program.
Job Description: The position provides administrative support to the members of the Chesapeake Bay Program’s Citizens’ Advisory Committee under the direct supervision of the Committee Coordinator. The position is in the Alliance’s Richmond, VA Office and is for 20 hours a week with potential for more time in the future, if desired. Working with the Committee Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant will provide organizational support and meeting coordination for the advisory role of appointed citizens from various professions and interests. The CAC is a group of volunteers appointed by the Governors of the Bay States and the Mayor of D.C. to provide advice and insights on the programs and policies to restore clean water and protect the living resources of the Chesapeake Bay and the rivers within its watershed.
Primary duties of the position include:
- Communicate clear, timely and relevant information with members and key stakeholders throughout Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- Organize and schedule conference calls
- Use communication tools to facilitate information exchange to committee members and interested parties
- Maintain member lists and bios
- Secure lodging and meeting facilities in accordance with the EPA and Alliance’s procurement guidelines
- Preparation and Coordination of hotel Banquet and Event Orders
- Serve as primary point of contact regarding meeting logistics
- Manage RSVPs for quarterly meetings and other meetings as needed
- Prepare meeting packets
- Update the CAC webpage with meeting details and briefing materials
- Oversee on-site logistics during meetings
- Provide complete and concise meeting minutes to Coordinator for public distribution
Clerical and Financial Administration
- Process reimbursement requests for CAC members and Coordinator
- Order supplies, as needed, in accordance with Alliance procurement guidelines
- Review and process invoices for payment
- Maintain an up to date spreadsheet of expenses
Additional tasks to enhance the committees’ role in the Chesapeake Bay Program as needed
Some travel within the multi-state Chesapeake Bay watershed is necessary, as well as occasional evening work and overnight travel for 2-day quarterly meetings.
Expertise and Skills Required for the position:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Good writing abilities and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks, and follow through
- Ability to take initiative and work independently but also function as a member of a team
- General knowledge and interest of issues facing the Chesapeake Bay and its restoration
- Ability to articulate the mission and values of the Alliance
- Excellent computer skills are necessary: Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Documents and Forms
- Creative Problem Solving
Qualifications: The Administrative Assistant will have a degree, preferably in a related field (business administration and/or non-profit administration and programs, etc…) or have at least 2 years of comparable administrative support or program experience. Previous experience working with non-profit organizations or professional meeting planning is preferred.
Supervision: The Administrative Assistant will report to the CAC Coordinator in Richmond, Virginia.
Location: The position is located at the Alliance office in Richmond, Virginia. Ability to travel throughout the Chesapeake Bay watershed is required.
Salary & Benefits: Part time salary range for 20 hours per week: $19,000 – $21,500 per year
How To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Part Time Administrative Assistant in the subject line. No phone inquiries please.
Closing Date: 04/21/2017
Job Announcement: http://www.chesapeakebay.net/jobs