The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay (The Alliance) and the District Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE) are offering a free, one-day training for contractors, organizations, and individuals interested in installing rain barrels for RiverSmart Homes. The training will be held on Wednesday, June 14, 2017. (In the event of inclement weather, the rain date for the field session is Thursday, June 15th).
Who is eligible to attend?
Everyone. You do not need previous experience in installing rain barrels, but experience with power tools is necessary. You may send more than one representative from your organization.
Is there a cost?
No, the training is free.
What material will be covered in the training?
The training will consist of both a classroom session and hands-on component. The morning session will cover installation best practices and the administrative process. Participants will shadow a rain barrel installation at a RiverSmart Home after lunch. Please come prepared with water, gloves, boots, etc.
When will the training take place?
- Wednesday, June 14th
- Morning Classroom Session: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Field Session: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at both the classroom session and field session is required in order to participate in the RiverSmart Homes Program as a contractor
- RiverSmart Homes contractors are required to have a DC Basic Business License and Insurance
- Rain date: Thursday, June 15th, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where will the training be held?
- Classroom Session: District Department of Energy & Environment, 1200 First St NE, 5th Floor, Washington DC (Metro: Red Line, NoMA/New York Ave/Gallaudet stop)
- Field Session: Rain barrel install at RiverSmart Homes site (TBD)
RSVP no later than Wednesday, June 7th, by emailing Erin O’Grady (email@example.com). Participation is capped at 15 participants, so RSVP early to secure your spot!