We are pleased to announce the release of the 2017 blue crab advisory report and ask for your help in amplifying the message. Below are links to the press release, blog and social media posts.
- Experts advice cautious approach to #bluecrab management as states get ready to set harvest regulations.
- Blue crab population not depleted, but overall decline confirms managing fishery is continuous challenge.
- #ChesapeakeBay Blue Crab Advisory Report offers agencies science-based advice to better manage blue crabs.
- Fisheries experts have encouraged Maryland, Virginia and the Potomac River Fisheries Commission to take a cautious approach to blue crab management as they set harvest regulations for the coming year.
- The Chesapeake Bay’s blue crab stock is considered sustainable, but an overall population decline confirms “managing blue crabs is a continuous challenge.”
- The annual Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab Advisory Report offers agencies science-based advice to better manage blue crabs.