Volunteers needed for Student BioBlitz at Historic Belmont in Elkridge
Join us for our fourth annual student BioBlitz at historic Belmont in Elkridge!
The Belmont BioBlitz is held in the morning during school hours October 3 – 6, 2017, 9:00- 12:00. Volunteer one morning or all 4! You will be paired with a Howard County Conservancy volunteer to work with a group of 8-10 students and a teacher or chaperone from the participating school. Volunteers help students make observations and take photos of the organisms they find. Share your love of nature with students in a beautiful environment!
- The Volunteer Sign Up is found online at https://tinyurl.com/BelmontBio
- Read the Press about the BioBlitz on our webpage, https://www.hcconservancy.org/
- View our project on iNaturalist: https://www.inaturalist.org/pr
- Location – The Carriage House at Belmont; 6553 Belmont Woods Rd., Elkridge 21075
- Dates – October 3, 4, 5, 6. A different class of 5th graders from 4 Howard County Schools will visit each day.
- Times – 9:00 am until noon. Coffee and breakfast are available for volunteers.
- Technology used – Teachers and chaperones will bring hand-held devices to run the iNaturalist app. Volunteers are encouraged to download the app as well.
- Optional training – Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 9:30 – 11:30 at the Belmont Carriage House. Coffee will be available at 9:00, and you may drop in any time during the training
Please consider joining us for this wonderfully authentic citizen science field trip opportunity! Feel free to share this opportunity with your network. Download the Experts flier here.