Funding Available for Watershed Restoration Projects in Anne Arundel County!
Dear Anne Arundel County Community Partners:
The Anne Arundel County Government and the Chesapeake Bay Trust announce a grant program to support watershed restoration projects and programs throughout Anne Arundel County. This program aims to improve water quality in the County’s local streams and waterways, as called for in the County’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit and Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP), which require reductions in storm flow volume and pollutants entering the County’s waterways.
This grant program will fund a variety of restoration projects including:
- Bioretention cells, bioswales, rain gardens, and other low impact development stormwater practices;
- Stormwater wetland and marsh creation and enhancement;
- Stream and wetland restoration;
- Regenerative conveyance systems (coastal plain outfalls, step pool storm conveyance, etc.);
- Living shorelines (with significant habitat enhancement); and
- Green roofs.
Partnerships with schools, local non-profits, community associations, faith-based organizations, and more are encouraged.
The Trust is accepting applications now through December 6, 2017. We urge you to reach out early to discuss project ideas and schedule a site visit with Trust and County staff!
Detailed information about this grant, including the full RFP and deadlines can be found here.
I look forward to discussing ideas with potential applicants in the near future!
Senior Program Officer
Chesapeake Bay Trust
410-974-2941 ext 106