AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Environmental Scientist: Environmental Compliance for immediate employment in the Germantown, MD office.
The Germantown EHS Management Department provides environmental compliance services to federal, municipal, and private-sector clients, nationwide. In this position, you will use your environmental regulatory knowledge and project management skills to help our clients navigate their environmental compliance challenges.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively managing projects from proposal development through completion including tracking and controlling scope, schedule, and budget
- Supporting business development efforts, including the preparation of technical and cost proposals
- Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to environmental regulatory compliance
- Leading a project team of scientists, engineers, and subcontractors
- Preparing or overseeing the preparation of technical reports, plans, and permitting documents
- Interacting with local regulatory agencies and clients
- Coordination with other consultants in the context of both ongoing projects and business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or relevant environmental discipline
- 8+ years of experience in environmental consulting/project management
- Proficiency in multi-media environmental regulatory compliance (e.g., CWA, RCRA, CERCLA, OPA, CAA, etc.) and its application
- Experience with industrial and municipal NPDES permitting and compliance; SPCC plans/compliance; and multi-media compliance audits
- Demonstrated task/project management skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely proficient in technical writing
- Highly effective organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands, think strategically and successfully lead multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries and applicants will be kept strictly confidential.
Senior Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
Design and Consulting Services, Americas
12420 Milestone Center Drive
Germantown, MD 20876
Built to deliver a better world
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Instagram
Current Opportunities with AECOM
To register with AECOM please create or
update your profile here.