RFP: Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park Strategic Plan
Spread the word! All qualified strongly encouraged to respond to the RFP!
Introduction: The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park (AMMP) wishes to initiate a Strategic Planning Process and is seeking proposals from qualified consultants to this end.
AMMP needs to expand and update its current three-year strategic plan and develop outcome-driven goals to serve the organization’s mission over the next 3-5 years with particular focus on expanding its impact.
AMMP would like to see proposals that provide an overall project budget as well as a component pricing breakdown. Responses to this RFP will be evaluated by the Director and then presented to the Board, with appropriate recommendations. Responses will be evaluated on:
- Responsiveness of the written proposal to the purpose and scope of the project.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in conducting strategic planning projects.
- Methodology and timeline for carrying out tasks in the scope of work.
- The cost to complete the process.
- Ability to meet deadlines and operate within a budget.
- Positive experience and success in strategic planning.
Inquiries: Inquiries must be made via email. Please address all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees: The resulting contract for strategic planning services will define a not-to-exceed fee for services. This fee proposal must, therefore, include services, costs, and all incidentals including printing and travel costs, facilitation of focus groups, surveying, and at least a four-hour session with all AMMP Board and staff. This session will be conducted in June 2018.
Contract: The contract for service will include and reference the accepted proposal.
Background: The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park (AMMP) brings to life the maritime history of Annapolis and inspires a deep respect for the Chesapeake Bay. Our mission is to educate youth and adults about the Annapolis area’s rich maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through programs, exhibits and community events. We accomplish our mission through a suite of hands-on programming offered at two unique waterfront locations, both on Back Creek.
The Annapolis Maritime Museum was established in 2000 in response to enthusiastic local interest in the maritime history of Annapolis and the future of the Chesapeake Bay. The McNasby campus is located on the waterfront in Eastport, adjacent to historic Annapolis and is the site of the last remaining oyster packing plant in the area, the McNasby Oyster Company. In 2016, AMMP signed a lease with the City of Annapolis for the Ellen O. Moyer Nature Park at Back Creek, now called the Back Creek Nature Park (BCNP) campus. This renovated, 12-acre park accommodates our expanding education programs and allows us to provide additional hands-on activities. An old waterworks building on site has been restored and converted to classrooms to host school programs and summer camps. The acquisition of BCNP affords AMMP a unique opportunity to further expand our award-winning education programs and develop a waterfront community center.
Today, AMMP is a vital anchor and leader in the community. With historic exhibits housed in a waterfront museum and educational facility at its second campus, AMMP is a vibrant institution that is in daily use for visitors, classes, lectures, concerts, and community meetings.
Objective: AMMP wishes to update its current strategic plan with a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis to maximize its programming at both campuses.
Scope: Proposals should include recommendations for community assessment that will inform a strategic planning process.
Stakeholders to be assessed will include AMMP Board Members, Annapolis community members, AMMP staff, and other high-interest community partners and advisors. A small survey of members and non-members should also be included. The proposals must include a facilitated staff session of at least four hours with all AMMP Board and staff to be conducted by consultants. Examination of the current mission, vision, and values should be included. Review of the staff job descriptions and organizational structure to assess the ability to meet strategic objectives may be included. Completed strategic plan to be delivered to AMMP by December 2018.
Proposal Content Requirements:
- A cover letter providing a brief description of the firm or individual, name, address of consultant, telephone number, and email of a principal contact person.
- Executive summary of the highlights of the proposal, not to exceed one page in length, and conveying the consultant’s understanding of the purpose and expected outcomes of the project.
- A list of key personnel who would be involved in the process and their expertise/experience. If you plan to contract with a third-party vendor to conduct the community research component, please identify which firm you plan to use.
- A summary of the consulting firm’s qualifications and relevant experience. The successful firm and their subcontractors will have demonstrated expertise in strategic planning experience for non-profits.
- A work plan that includes a description of the methodology, tasks, timeline, and estimated total amount of time that would be spent on the project. Responses that fail to include a timeline will not be considered.
- Exclusions or exceptions. Note any parts of the proposal that is beyond the expertise of the consultant, or would be better handled by staff.
- A schedule of costs that includes consulting, supplies, number of on-site visits, and cost per trip, and other costs associated with the planning process.
Deadline for receipt: Proposals must be received via email before 5 p.m. on March 2, 2018.
The subject line should read Strategic Planning RFP and be emailed to the Development Director at email@example.com.
Statement of Intent: AMMP reserves the right to reject any or all responses to this Request for Proposal. AMMP will not reimburse costs of preparing the consultant proposals. AMMP reserves the right to ask for clarification on the proposal if the need arises.