As part of a regional initiative, Northern VA Soil & Water Conservation District offers low-cost rain barrel sales.
- Friday, April 5 (9am-4pm) and Saturday, April 6 (9am-noon), Location: Sleepy Hollow Bath & Racquet Club, 3516 Sleepy Hollow Rd, Falls Church, VA 22044
Registration is required. Registration closes 3-4 days prior to the event. The fee is $65 per barrel. Only two rain barrels will fit in most vehicles.
Refunds will not be issued for cancelled registrations or no shows. If you are not able to make a workshop for which you are registered, please notify the rain barrel program immediately. We will do our best to reschedule you for a subsequent program. Only one opportunity to reschedule will be given.
Rain barrels can be placed under your downspouts to capture runoff from the roof. By installing a rain barrel at your home you will:
- Provide your plants with water they will love! Unlike treated water, which is “softened” with dissolved minerals, rain water is naturally soft. The water stored in your rain barrel is better than municipal water for washing your car and watering indoor or outdoor plants.
- Save money and water! Instead of water from the tap or faucet, you can use the water you’ve saved to keep your home landscape happy and growing. You’ll also reduce your municipal water bill!
- Protect the Chesapeake Bay! Water stored in your rain barrel won’t rush off into our streams. Instead, as you use the stored rain water around the home and garden, it will absorb slowly into the ground replenishing groundwater supplies. By decreasing the volume of storm runoff, rain barrels also help moderate stream erosion and the resulting pollution that is impairing the Chesapeake Bay.
- Still have questions? Please see the website below or email firstname.lastname@example.org