Native ONLY Plant Exchange in Columbia, MD, September 21, 10am
NATIVE PLANTS ONLY EXCHANGE at WILDE LAKE VILLAGE
Trade your extra or unwanted seedlings, seeds and plants for
seedlings, seeds and plants donated by other gardeners!
Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10am
Slayton House Green
10400 Cross Fox Lane, Columbia, MD 21044
The Community Action and Resources for Environmental Stewardship (CARES) Natives ONLY Plant Exchange at Wilde Lake is a community-wide FREE event. The Exchange encourages reuse, recycling, resource sharing and information exchange. The Exchange is open to anyone and is a great way to add variety to your gardens!
Please note, unlike our previous plant exchanges, this event accepts ONLY Maryland Native Plants. Visit our Facebook event for more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/713104819108767/
Questions? Contact Wilde Lake CARES Chair Bess Caplan at email@example.com.
HOW DOES THE EXCHANGE WORK?
Before the Exchange:
- Dig up, separate and label plants (even better if you know the Latin name). Plants should be potted well in advance of the Exchange to allow time for healthy root growth.
- Bring your labeled donations directly to Slayton House on Saturday, September 21, 2019 between 9:00am and 9:45am. Place your plants in the designated Exchange area. Proceed to one of our volunteers to receive a ticket to the Exchange. You must arrive with your donation prior to 9:45am to receive a ticket for entry.
- A donation of a single plant or garden item is all that is necessary to gain access to the Exchange.
During the Exchange:
- On September 21, at 10am, the Exchange will open.
- Go through and select whatever items interest you. If you have more than you can carry, we have a Hold Area where you can leave items and return to shopping.
- Bring a box, box top or sturdy bag to transport your items to your car.
- Once you have selected your plants, you must present your ticket to an Exchange volunteer before departing with your items.
- The Exchange will close when all the items have been selected or 11am (whichever comes first)
What will the Exchange accept?
- Native to Maryland plants and seeds
- Ceramic pots and garden tools (no empty plastic pots)
The Exchange does not accept donations of invasive plants.
Please note: The Exchange reserves the right to dispose of any plant deemed to be in poor condition, diseased or may otherwise pose a threat to the health and ecological diversity of the community.