NFWF Grant Deadlines Extended: 2020 SWG and PA-LGI
The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation has extended its deadlines for the 2020 Small Watershed Grants (SWG) and Pennsylvania Local Government Implementation (PA-LGI) Grants programs in light of continued impacts from the current global health crisis.
- SWG applications will now be due by April 28th
- PA-LGI applications will be due April 30th
NFWF will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any additional adjustments as soon as possible via our Chesapeake program website. Please visit NFWF’s Chesapeake programs website at http://www.nfwf.org/chesapeake for updates.
More information on the two funding opportunities NFWF is currently accepting proposals for:
- Small Watershed Grants (SWG)- soliciting projects that restore water quality and habitats of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributary rivers and streams.
- SWG Implementation (SWG-I) grants of $50,000-$500,000 will be awarded for projects that result in direct, on-the-ground actions to protect and restore water quality, species, and habitats in the Bay watershed.
- SWG Planning and Technical Assistance (SWG-PTA) grants up to $50,000 will be awarded for projects that enhance local capacity to more efficiently and effectively implement future on-the-ground actions through assessment, planning, design, and other technical assistance-oriented activities.
- NFWF estimates awarding $8-10 million in grants through the combined SWG program in 2020 contingent on the availability of funding. Major funding comes from the EPA Chesapeake Bay Program Office, with other important contributions by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and U.S. Forest Service, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and Altria Group.
- Pennsylvania Local Government Implementation (PA-LGI) Grants- soliciting projects that support local government implementation of high-priority nutrient and sediment load reduction practices in selected Pennsylvania communities.
- NFWF will award a total of roughly $1.2 million in grants through the PA-LGI funding opportunity with awards granted in amounts ranging from $20,000 to up to $200,000 each.
- This funding is provided in partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
For more information or questions about these RFPs, please contact Jake Reilly (firstname.lastname@example.org), Stephanie Heidbreder (email@example.com) or Syd Godbey (firstname.lastname@example.org) via e-mail or by phone at (202) 857-0166.