Maryland Forest Action Plan open for comment
The DRAFT Maryland Forest Action Plan is open for public review and comment through November 16, 2020. Revisions from the 2010 and 2015 plans were made following six statewide listening sessions in May 2019, reference to the State Wildlife Action Plan, and additional presentations to stakeholder groups.
Comments can be submitted through the online portal on the website:
The Action Plan is composed of three related documents:
1) Assessment of Maryland’s Forests, with background, current conditions, and priority mapping;
2) Strategy to guide agency and stakeholder actions over the next 5 to 10 years (required for Farm Bill funding, such as from USDA Forest Service);
3) The Assessment of Need that guides Maryland’s Forest Legacy working forest conservation program (incorporated by reference in the Forest Action Plan).
- Are the issues important to you or the actions you think Maryland should be pursuing captured in these documents?
- Is there other resource information or priority areas that should be represented in the Assessment?
We welcome your comments. We are planning a webinar in early November to review findings, and will follow up with links for that.
Please share this weblink widely. Thank you for caring about Maryland’s forests and natural resources.
Associate Director, Maryland Forest Service
580 Taylor Ave., E-1
Annapolis, MD 21401