Registration is open for a new Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional Riparian Buffer Training certificate (CBLP-Buffers) program. This comprehensive course on planning, implementing, and managing riparian buffers is designed for landscape professionals, government employees, nonprofit staff, as well as others who work on buffers. It is comprised of a series of videos, interactive webinars, and in-person field workshops. Field workshops will be held in Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- Buffer Basics Webinar – December 10, 9 AM – 12 PM
- Site Evaluation Field Workshop – December 15, 12 – 3 PM
- Amherst, VA – or-
- Lancaster, PA
- Buffer Planning Webinar – January 15, 9 AM – 1 PM
- Implementation Field Workshop
- March 4, 1-3 PM – Lancaster, PA – or-
- March 11, 1-3 PM – Amherst, VA
- Maintenance Field Workshop – May 4, 1-3 PM
- Afton, VA – or
- Lancaster County, PA
- Maintenance Planning Webinar – May 11, 9 – 11 AM
Registration is $175. Scholarships are available for participants who work in:
- Pennsylvania (eight full scholarships funded by Penn State Extension)
- Upper and Middle James River watersheds in Virginia (full scholarships funded by the James River Association)
- Hampton Roads area of Virginia (five $100 scholarships funded by RISE)
Participants must attend all six sessions to earn the CBLP-Buffers certificate, however, there is an a la carte option to register for the first “Riparian Buffer Basics” webinar, alone, for $25.
Additional information and registration are online: https://certified.cblpro.org/product/cblp-buffers-certificate-course/ Please complete the scholarship application before registering.
Questions? Email email@example.com