Greetings, stormwater professionals:
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency is hosting an important Webinar on street sweeping for water quality improvement and MS4 permit crediting.
It is Thursday, May 13th, 9:30 – 11:00 AM Central Daylight Time. See below for details and Web links.
This is big news for MS4 programs throughout the United States. This is up-to-date research linked to measurement protocols to develop a crediting program for MS4 permittees to reduce phosphorus in their stormwater, get credit in their MS4 permits, and make progress toward meeting TMDL WLAs. This makes the case for street sweeping as one of our most important and cost-efficient (<$100/lb to remove P) stormwater BMPs.
The speakers are good, the research is fascinating, and the information is useful and actionable for MS4 programs everywhere.
May 2021 street sweeping webinar – Minnesota Stormwater Manual (state.mn.us)
Please join us.
Randy Neprash, PE
Vice-Chair, National Municipal Stormwater Alliance
Staff, Minnesota Cities Stormwater Coalition
Stormwater Regulatory Specialist, Stantec Consulting
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is hosting a live webinar on street sweeping, Thursday May 13, 9:30-11:00 AM. 1.5 professional development hours (pdh) are available for attending this webinar.
This webinar will provide information on the importance and value of street sweeping for controlling nutrient loading to receiving waters, an overview of a new street sweeping crediting tool for phosphorus, a discussion of street sweeping guidance, and a discussion of additional research needs. The tentative agenda is as follows.
- Opening statement – the importance and value of street sweeping: Randy Neprash, PE, Minnesota Cities Stormwater Coalition, Stantec
- Discussion of trees as a source of nutrients in urban stormwater, focused on impacts of trees: Sarah Hobbie, Distinguished McKnight University Professor, Dept. of Ecology, Evolution & Behavior, University of Minnesota
- Overview of recently developed street sweeping calculator: Aileen Molloy, Tetra Tech
- Overview of draft guidance for street sweeping: Hillary Yonce, Tetra Tech
- Discussion of additional research needs: William Selbig, Research Hydrologist, USGS Upper Midwest Water Science Center
Link here for information on street sweeping
MPCA Collaboration invites you to join this Webex meeting.
Meeting number (access code): 187 072 8914
Meeting password: 2w6pHMmTUF7
Thursday, May 13, 2021, 9:30 AM, (UTC-05:00) Central Time (US & Canada), 1 hr 30 mins
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only) +1-415-655-0003,,1870728914## United States Toll
Join by phone +1-415-655-0003 United States Toll Global call-in numbers
Join from a video system or application Dial firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.