September 30, 2021
Hurry! Registration closes next Tuesday, September 28, 2021. Learn more at Conferences – Virginia Water Monitoring Council (vt.edu).
PROGRAM: Presentations run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We have scheduled brief morning and afternoon breaks, and 1.5 hours for lunch. A draft agenda is shown below: (subject to change)
- Keynote Speaker: The Great Decoupling Between Water Use and Growth – Brian Richter, Sustainable Waters
- Spatial and Temporal Patterns in Streamflow, Water-Chemistry, and Benthic Macroinvertebrates of Selected Streams in Fairfax County, Virginia, 2007-2018 – Aaron Porter, U.S. Geological Survey
- The Virginia Association of Soil & Water Conservation Districts (VASWCD): Promoting Conservation Across Virginia’s Various Landscapes – Maura Christian, VASWCD
- Stormwater Management Impacts on Virginia’s Solar Farms – Erin Belt, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- In-situ PCB/PAH Remediation Using Sediment Amendments: State of the Art and Lessons from Full-scale Projects – Upal Ghosh, University of Maryland (Baltimore County)
- Ecology and Conservation of Vernal Pools – Michael S. Hayslett, Virginia Vernal Pools, LLC
- Expanding Use of Community-Based Data on a Regional Scale – Liz Chudoba, Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
- Fun and Educational Activity to Teach Youth about Water Quality and Its Importance – Daina Henry, Peninsula Master Naturalist Water Quality Team
REGISTRATION: Closes: September 28, 2021 — $40 – Registration requires completing the online form here and paying via check or credit card. If you have problems with registration or are registering a group of people, contact Sophie Stern at email@example.com or 804-793-8792. A WebEx link will be sent to all registrants prior to the event.
No refunds will be provided. The entire conference will be recorded, and all who register will receive a link to the recording following the conference.
QUESTIONS? Learn more at Conferences – Virginia Water Monitoring Council (vt.edu). If you have questions regarding the conference, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.