The Mid-Atlantic Panel on Aquatic Invasive Species announces its annual Request for Proposals. For this small grants competition, approximately $30,000 is available to fund several projects. A wide variety of stakeholders are eligible to apply. Applications are due April 8.
The Panel intends to fund aquatic invasive species initiatives within the following priorities:
- Develop outreach and educational materials for classrooms and specific populations (K-Gray) to prevent the introduction and spread of AIS.
- Conduct research on AIS issues in the region such as prevention, early detection, rapid response, emerging invasions, and how climate change may influence AIS.
- Conduct innovative approaches to AIS control/eradication, or control/eradicate a high priority AIS population.
- Continue to develop vector management strategies for states and the region.
- Encourage states to develop and implement AIS management plans meeting the standards set by the Aquatic Nuisance Species Task Force
For more information about eligibility, proposal instructions, and submission information, visit our website to download the RFP at https://www.midatlanticpanel.org/grant-and-funding-sources/.