The Prince George’s County Government and the Chesapeake Bay Trust are excited to announce the Prince George’s County Stormwater Stewardship Grant Program is now open – with many exciting and new additions this year! This grant program encourages on-the-ground restoration activities that improve communities, improve water quality, support the County’s Climate Action Plan, and engage Prince George’s County residents in the restoration and protection of the local rivers and streams of Prince George’s County. Example projects include rain gardens, stormwater management practices, native plant gardens, tree canopy education, specimen tree preservation, tree plantings, outreach and community engagement, and more!
Attend our information session to learn more. Sign up to be notified of the date/time (to be determined) of our information session at https://bit.ly/3TEQNKJ.
Applicants can request funds from the following project tracks.
- Track 1: Water Quality Implementation ($50,000 to $150,000)
- Track 2: Building Community Resilience: Installation of Small to Medium Scale Climate Resilient Practices ($150,000 to $550,000)
- Track 3: Tree Planting ($50,000 to $150,000)
- 3a: Urban Tree Canopy: Outreach, Maintenance, and Education
- 3b: Increasing Tree Canopy by Subwatershed
- 3c: Preserving Tree Canopy Pilot Program
- Track 4: Community Awareness and Engagement (typically $10,000 to $60,000)
This program funds projects within Prince George’s County, Maryland, excluding the City of Bowie. The City of Bowie manages their stormwater program independently of the County and therefore projects in the City of Bowie are not eligible for funding in this program. All projects are done in Prince George’s County and support citizens in Prince George’s County.
Application Deadline: January 3, 2023, at 4pm EST.
For more information and to view the Request for Proposals, visit: https://cbtrust.org/grants/prince-georges-stormwater-stewardship/
For questions and technical assistance, contact: Nguyen Le at (410) 974-2941 x110 or firstname.lastname@example.org