The Chesapeake Bay Trust is proud to partner with the Prince George’s County Department of the Environment for the Prince George’s County Stormwater Stewardship Grant Program. This grant program funds on-the-ground restoration activities that improve communities, improve water quality, support the County’s Climate Action plan, and engage Prince George’s County residents in the restoration and protection of the local rivers and streams of Prince George’s County. Example projects include rain gardens, stormwater management practices, native plant gardens, tree canopy education, tree preservation, outreach and community engagement, illegal dumping data analysis, and more!
Eligible Project Tracks and Funding Request Amounts:
- Track 1: Water Quality Implementation ($50,000 to $150,000)
- Track 2: Tree Canopy: Outreach, Education, Maintenance, and Preservation ($50,000 to $300,000)
- Track 3: Community Awareness and Engagement ($10,000 to $60,000)
- Track 4: Illegal Dumping Data Analysis and Forensics ($10,000 to $50,000)
- Track 5: Piloting a Co-Payment System for Stormwater Management and Residential Resilience Retrofit Program Projects in the Henson Creek Watershed (up to $1 million)
This program funds projects within Prince George’s County, Maryland, excluding the City of Bowie. The City of Bowie manages their stormwater program independently of the County and therefore projects in the City of Bowie are not eligible for funding in this program. All projects are done in Prince George’s County and support community members in Prince George’s County.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023 at 4pm EST
For more information and to view the Request for Proposals, visit: https://cbtrust.org/grants/prince-georges-stormwater-stewardship/