8:30am – Hot Breakfast Buffet Opens
9:00am – 10:00 am – Program
For the past 30 years, Scenic Rivers Land Trust has been a leader in land preservation in Anne Arundel County, currently holding conservation easements on 65 properties for a total of 2,784 acres. Join us for a breakfast buffet and an overview of conservation easements and how they may serve your organization’s environmental priorities. Topics to be covered include:
- A light-touch overview of the legal and tax basis for conservation easements
- The types of properties that are perfect for conservation easement protection
- Why some incredible and beautiful properties turn out not to be a good fit
- Make-or-break easement negotiation issues
- Perpetual monitoring and legal defense
- Conservation easements and public access
- Scenic River’s estimate of protection opportunities in Anne Arundel County
Also highlighted will be the powerful new forest protection grant program created by Anne Arundel County and managed by the Chesapeake Bay Trust. Over the last two years, Scenic Rivers Land Trust secured $2.3 million in grants through this program for seven landowners to protect 411 acres of priority forest, fields and wetlands.
Register for this no-fee event by October 31th by emailing Rick@SRLT.org
Questions? Contact Rick Leader at Rick@SRLT.org or 410-310-6541.
SRLT educational programs are generously sponsored by BGE, the Mars Foundation, the Biophilia Foundation, and the Paul and Maxine Frohring Foundation.