Fourth Annual Conservation Easement Breakfast Briefing for Tax, Legal, and Real Estate Professionals
Date: October 23, 2018
Time: 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Location: Federal House, Market Space, Annapolis, MD, USA
Over the last two years, Scenic Rivers Land Trust secured $2.3 million in grants for landowners who want to permanently protect their land. Join us for a breakfast buffet and an overview of the legal and tax framework of conservation easements. Learn about significant income, property, and estate tax benefits that might be available to your clients. Program highlights include updates to a local grant program that provides a per-acre cash incentive for landowners who protect forests and/or plant trees on qualified land. Scenic Rivers is the most active land trust in Anne Arundel County, holding 65 conservation easements that protect well over 2,700 acres.
- Nina Fisher, Scenic Rivers Land Trust, Board President
- Ben Wechsler, Linowes and Blocher, Partner
- Kristen Maneval, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Senior Transactions Counsel
- Dick Davies, CohnReznick, Partner
- David Ballard, Champion Financial Planning Group, President
- Sarah Knebel, Scenic Rivers Land Trust, Conservation Director
Register for this no-fee event by October 15th at www.SRLT.org
Questions? Contact Sarah Knebel
at Sarah@SRLT.org or 410-980-6837.
SRLT educational programs are generously sponsored by BGE, the Mars Foundation, the Biophilia Foundation, and the Paul and Maxine Frohring Foundation.