Gather around a campfire at one of your favorite parks this fall for a series of engaging and informative chats. Each week Park Rangers and local experts will lead discussions on a different theme, exploring topics about conservation, history, culture, music, and more. Bring a portable camp chair and share s’mores and stories by the fire, or sit back, relax, and enjoy the evening. All campfires begin at 6pm.
- Friday, September 29: K-9 Heroes: Search and Rescue Demonstration at Fort Smallwood Park, Pasadena
- Wednesday, October 4: Ghosts in the Rafters: The Secret Life of Barn Owls with Andy Brown at Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, Lothian
- Friday, October 6: Heritage Unveiled: Meet the Linthicums at Historic Linthicum Walks, Gambrills/Crofton
- Friday, October 13: Friday the 13th: Spooky Stories for the Whole Family at Bacon Ridge Natural Area, Crownsville
- Wednesday, October 18: What can we do about the Spotted Lanternfly? at Lake Waterford Park, Pasadena
- Friday, October 20: Forging History: Blacksmithing Demonstration at Kinder Farm Park, Millersville
- Wednesday, October 25: Riverside Revelations: Discover Mysteries and Restoration Efforts at Mayo Beach Park, Edgewater
- Friday, October 27: The Remarkable Anne’s of Anne Arundel County at Jonas & Anne Catharine Green Park, Annapolis
A $5.00 registration fee covers program costs. S’mores supplies will be provided. For more information please contact Park Ranger Nick Shearman at email@example.com.
For a full list of upcoming dates, locations, and speakers visit: bit.ly/aacocampfirechats