PLEASE NOTE: You can only register for this event through our Eventbrite page.
Are you tired of the typical happy hour?
Are those 2 for 1 drink specials not cutting it anymore?
Join us for an evening paddle along the iconic DC skyline. This event will transform your usual Wednesday night into an unforgettable experience.
Be sure to stick around after the paddle to chat and enjoy snacks from our friends at Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company!
Where: Key Bridge Boathouse in Georgetown
When: Wednesday, June 13th from 6pm to 8pm.
Cost: $10 for two hours of blissful paddling with a single/double kayak or standup paddle board.
- Be sure to arrive by 7:00 to be able to get out on the water.
- This event is appropriate for all skill levels. Beginners and experts are welcome!
- Please remember to dress appropriately for the weather (rain or shine) and wear clothes you won’t mind getting wet.
- Be sure to bring a reusable bottle to fill up before heading out on the water.
- This year we are also excited to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the National Trails System. Since its creation in 1968, the National Trails Act has allowed for more accessibility and exploration of the Great Outdoors. Be sure to celebrate by taking a trip to your favorite trail. (We highly recommend checking out the Chesapeake Trail– it’s our favorite!)
Walk/Bicycle: There are many places along M street that bring you down to the C&O canal, or walk down Wisconsin until you arrive at K Street. Walk West (keeping the water to your left) until you find the boathouse beneath Key Bridge.
From Rosslyn Metro (¾ mile): walk across Key Bridge and take the stairs on either side down to the canal. There are footbridges across the canal that lead to stairs on Water St. Walk back toward the bridge and the boathouse is located directly below Key Bridge.
From Foggy Bottom Metro (1 mile): From the rotary, walk West on K street toward the waterfront. If you follow the waterfront park, the boathouse is located just on the other side of Key Bridge.
Driving: Key Bridge Boathouse is located near the very end of K Street, which turns into Water street. From Georgetown, follow Wisconsin Ave down toward the waterfront, taking a right onto K St/Water St.
Parking is extremely limited, but there is free 3-hour parking across the street, and a parking garage up by the Lowes Movie Theater.
Contact Kyaira Ware at 301-608-1188 x206 or email@example.com.