Join us for a free rain garden training for local landscape contractors interested in becoming a participating contractor for the RiverSmart Homes Program will be held on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 in English! (In the event of inclement weather, the rain date for the field session is Thursday, September 20th or Tuesday, September 25th).
Who is eligible to attend?
Everyone. You do not need previous experience in rain garden installations to attend, but in order to become a RiverSmart Homes contractor, you will be required to have experience in landscape design/installation and knowledge of native plant selection is preferred. You may send more than one representative from your company.
Is there a cost?
No, the training is free.
What material will be covered in the training?
The training will consist of both a classroom session and a hands-on component during the field session. The classroom session will cover the design specifications for RiverSmart Homes rain gardens and administrative aspects, such as project review and invoicing. We will not cover plant selection, placement, or garden design basics. During the field session, we will install a rain garden at one of our RiverSmart Homes sites. Please come prepared with water, gloves, boots, hat, etc.
When will the training take place?
Tuesday, September 11th, 2018
- Classroom Session: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Field Session: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at both the classroom session and field session is required in order to participate in the RiverSmart Homes Program as a contractor
- Rain date: Thursday, September 20th or Tuesday, September 25th, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where will the training be held?
- Classroom Session: District Department of Energy & Environment, 1200 First St NE, 5th Floor, Washington DC (Metro: Red Line, New York Ave/Gallaudet stop)
- Field Session: Rain garden install at RiverSmart Homes site (TBD)
Please register no later than Tuesday, September 4th, with Laura Todd at email@example.com. Participation is capped at 15 participants, so RSVP early to secure your spot!