September 21, 2020: 2020 Virginia Water Monitoring Council (VWMC) Virtual Conference
Date: September 21, 2020
Time: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
This year’s VWMC Conference will be held using a virtual format through GoToWebinar. The program runs from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. each day, September 21st and 22nd.
The agenda includes the following topics and speakers:
- Keynote Address: Coastal Adaptation and Protection in Virginia – Ann Phillips, Special Assistant for Coastal Adaptation and Protection for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Coastal Resilience and Living Shorelines – Scott Hardaway, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William and Mary
- Combatting Plastic Pollution: New Developments in Virginia – Katie Register, Clean Virginia Waterways at Longwood University
- Water Scavenging from Roadside Springs in Central Appalachia – Leigh-Anne Krometis, Department of Biological Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Using Source Tracking Data to Identify Sewer Contamination and Sources – Raul Gonzalez, Hampton Roads Sanitation District
- Crowdsourcing Chloride Data: Winter Salt Watch – Emily Bialowas, Izaak Walton League of America
- Assessing Aquatic Life Use in Virginia – Mike Shaver, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
REGISTRATION AND MORE INFORMATION: To learn more and to register, see our conference webpage at https://vwmc.vwrrc.vt.edu/conferences/.
- Registration Fee: $30/person
Thank you to our 2020 conference partners!
- Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
- Izaak Walton League of America
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Virginia Lakes and Watersheds Association
- Virginia Water Resources Research Center
- Virginia Tech