Hurry, registration closes Wednesday, July 27, 2022! Learn more and register at https://vwmc.vwrrc.vt.edu/conferences/.
The keynote speaker will be Dr. Cayelan Carey, Professor of Biological Sciences at Virginia Tech. Dr. Carey’s research examines how human activities affect freshwater lakes and reservoirs, and in turn, how changing water quality alters human decision-making. She will describe her research integrating sensor networks and simulation modeling to forecast drinking water quality.
Other speakers and topics include:
- Virginia’s Recently Updated Recreational Bacteria Criteria — Tish Robertson, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Keep it Fresh: Crowdsourced Chloride Monitoring with Salt Watch — Samantha Briggs, Izaak Walton League of America
- Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professionals: Growing a Network of Certified Stormwater and Sustainable Landscape Partners for Clean and Healthy Watersheds — Shereen Hughes, Wetlands Watch and Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional
- Instream Litter Control through a Local Government Program — Tim Hughes, Prince William County Department of Public Works
- Taylor Run: A Stream Worth Protecting and Preserving — Bill Gillespie and Russ Bailey, The Taylor Run Monitoring Team
- Drinking Water & Health in Rural Appalachia — Alasdair Cohen, Population Health Sciences, Virginia Tech
- PFAS in Virginia: An Update — Tony Singh, Virginia Department of Health
- Collaborating for Cleaner Water in the Commonwealth — Stacey Bradshaw, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
Thank you to our conference exhibitors and partners! Contact email@example.com if interested in sponsoring the conference.