The Center for Biological Diversity and the NM Recycling Coalition are partnering to hold a webinar about the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act recently reintroduced in Congress. The focus for this webinar will be changes that were made to the bill since its original introduction in 2020, support mechanisms within the bill for domestic recycling infrastructure and how state and local waste prevention policies will be protected and supported by the legislation.
- Anja Malawi, Congressional Science Fellow in the office of U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley
- Lynn Hoffman, Co-president of Eureka Recycling in MN and member of the Alliance of Mission-Based Recyclers
- Randy Moorman, Director of Community Campaigns at Eco-Cycle in CO and member of the Alliance of Mission-Based Recyclers
This event will apply to continuing education units (CEU) for solid waste and recycling professionals in New Hampshire (1 CEU), New Mexico (1 CEU), Pennsylvania (1 CEU), the Southwest Virginia Solid Waste Management Association (1 CEU) and Virginia (1 CEU), along with the U.S. Composting Council (1 PDH) and the North Carolina Environmental Education (1 CEU) certification programs. Other certification programs to hopefully follow. A certificate will be provided to attendees to allow for submission to other continuing education certification programs also.
Date/Time: Thursday, May 13, 2:00-3:00 PM ET
Register here: https://bit.ly/2QtC1gC.
Save the date for future webinars from the Center for Biological Diversity:
- Tuesday, August 10 at 2:00 PM ET: Solidarity Economy 101 – https://bit.ly/2OWJkgm
- Tuesday, November 2 at 2:00 PM ET: Simplify the Holidays – https://bit.ly/2QBkT8x