Join the Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional team for a deep dive into riparian buffers this fall! CBLP-Buffers is a three-part comprehensive course that covers planning, implementation and management of riparian forest buffers. This active learning course combines classroom lectures with videos, reading, and hands-on activities. All sessions are led by Bay region experts and focus on the unique ecology and regulatory environment of the Bay watershed. This course is appropriate for landscape and tree professionals, NGO and government staff, educators, and others working on or interested in buffers. Registration: https://certified.cblpro.org/product/cblp-buffers-certificate-course/
Participants who attend all three days will receive the CBLP-Buffers certificate of completion. Interested in learning more about buffers but don’t want to commit to three days? Join us for the standalone Buffer Basics online webinar on September 26.
- Buffer Basics Webinar – Tuesday, September 26 , 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – online via Zoom
- Planning & Implementation Workshop – 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM, Choose a location: Gettysburg, PA, Thursday, September 28, or Fredrick County, MD, October 26
- Maintenance Workshop – 9:00 AM – 12 PM, Choose a location: Gettysburg, PA, Thursday, October 5, or Fredrick County, MD October 27
Registration for the Virginia sessions on Oct 10 & 12 is now closed. To be added to our waitlist email firstname.lastname@example.org
- CBLP-Buffers certificate course: $250 certified CBLPs/$275 general public
- Buffer Basics webinar alone: $25 certified CBLPs/$35 general public
Thanks to generous funding for by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, the cost of the Maryland training has been waived for Maryland professionals. Full scholarships for landscape professionals who work in the following Pennsylvania counties: Adams, Bedford, Centre, Cumberland, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, or York, will be provided by the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, with funding from NFWF. To apply for a PA scholarship, please email Katie@cblpro.org prior to registering.