Fall is the best time to divide perennials and plant trees; start planning now!
Bring your extra plants, seeds and garden produce to share and swap with others. There’ll be plenty of native plants, trees, perennials, and houseplants. Lots of veggies too, so if you’ve got too much squash, now’s your chance to go home with someone else’s heirloom tomatoes.
As well as free plant & produce swapping, come enjoy:
– Pickle Potluck: homemade pickled, fermented or canned veggies and fruit…and recipes!
– Kissable llamas from Posey This-is-it Llama Farm
– Free expert Garden Tool Sharpening
– Live Music from Sustainability Matters’ band, the Plant-Based Jam
– What’s Wrong with my Tree?: tree problems solved by VA Department of Forestry
– Free Chips from Route 11 Potato Chips
Sustainability Matters is especially grateful to those professional nurseries and vendors generously donating plants, seeds & other equipment for the swap: Adam’s Apples & Herbs, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, Botanical Interests, Gabalot Gardens, Natural Art Garden Center, Rockingham Co-op, Solenberger’s Hardware, and Sunflower Cottage Herb Farm. Also to Woodstock Brewhouse for donating our raffle grand prize: a growler + free fills for a year!