Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Baltimore, MD and/or virtually as state government and organizational guidelines require.
Founded in 1985, the Maryland Association for Environmental & Outdoor Education (MAEOE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational association. MAEOE provides dynamic training programs, conferences, networking opportunities, related on-line materials and resources. MAEOE manages and operates the Maryland Green Schools program. The organization supports environmental educators throughout the state as they work to create and improve awareness and change behavior in Maryland’s schools and communities. Our mission statement is a guide for making those transformations: MAEOE encourages, engages and empowers the community to understand, responsibly use and promote the natural world.
MAEOE Seeks a full-time (40 hours/week) administrator and bookkeeper to support a vibrant organization that is wanting to diversify and grow its audience. Candidates must have office experience (2 years minimum) and should be able to work independently and as part of a team to further the mission of the organization. Candidates must be QuickBooks proficient or comparable experience. Responsibilities include: job cost coding, maintain accounts and records, cash flow, run reports, enter QuickBooks payroll information, QuickBooks invoices, and office tasks to support the efficient running of MAEOE. In addition to strong QuickBooks experience, must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Position requires ability to analyze information, attention to detail, thoroughness, flexibility, confidentiality and the desire to contribute to team effort. We seek people who are forward-looking, innovative and enthusiastic. We want you to join us in the rewarding work that we are so fortunate to be a part of every day. This position is located at MAEOE headquarters in Baltimore, MD.
Support day to day operations of a small office including:
- Maintain the balance sheet and income statement using QuickBooks
- Reconcile checking accounts and cash/credit activity monthly
- Ensure all accounting files are kept current at all times
- Support payroll processing
- Monitor and record expenses
- Create finance reports with CPA
- Work closely with the Executive Director on reporting as required
- Support grant management
- Support the day to day operations of the office
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director
Events and Operations
- Support annual conference and youth summit
- Update and use online event software: Cvent, GoogleSuite, Greencraft, Survey Monkey, etc.
- Support marketing efforts
Associates degree required in relevant field, bachelor’s degree preferred
Qualifications and Skills
- One to three years office experience; nonprofit familiarity a plus
- Understanding basic accounting practices
- Data Entry Skills and attention to details
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office & GoogleSuite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Charismatic and well-presented under pressure and while interacting with customers
Maryland Association for Environmental & Outdoor Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Handicapped Persons are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap status, Vietnam ear or disabled Veterans status.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Application closing date July 24, 2020 @ 5pm.