Are you a skilled administrative professional with an expertise in membership management programs and interested in putting those talents to work to help protect the environment? Then your career could prosper at the Environmental Law Institute as our Administrative & Membership Coordinator.
What Would You Be Doing Exactly?
ELI’s mission is to foster innovative, just, and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress. Together, ELI’s staff aims to:
- Build the skills and capacity of tomorrow’s leaders and institutions
- Research and analyze complex and pressing environmental challenges
- Promote and disseminate the best thinking through print and electronic media
- Convene people with diverse perspectives to build understanding through robust debate
As a part of ELI’s Development and Finance teams, the Administrative & Membership Coordinator’s primary objective is to support the organization’s members by serving as a point of contact, administering invoices and payments, and tracking engagement. The Coordinator will also assist with other invoicing and tracking initiatives within the Finance department. More specifically, they will:
- Assist the Vice President for Development and Membership in meeting membership goals
- Process invoices and payments for individual and institutional (firms/corporations/NGOs) memberships, events, boot camps, other special events
- Maintain a large customer relations management database with membership information
- Collaborate with finance staff to ensure accurate tracking and reconciliation of membership and related revenue in budgeting
- Work with an outside contractor to submit applications and materials for compliance with state charitable registrations
- Serve as ELI’s representative to EarthShare giving programs and submit applications and materials to maintain and increase EarthShare contributions
- Assist the Finance department and potentially other departments with additional data entry and processing needs
- Receive other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job
What do you need to thrive in this role?
Having a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree will be essential in thriving in this position. You should also have at least 2 years of experience in membership services, customer relations, or finance. Basic training in CRMs and databases such as Raiser’s Edge and CiviCRM would be an asset to you in learning this role quickly. Having knowledge of invoicing practices and finance reconciliation would also be beneficial.
The Development & Membership department is collaborative by nature and the Membership & Administrative Associate must be able to interact in a professional manner with people from diverse racial, ethnic, political, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We employ anti-racist practices and principles while striving to support ELI’s culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. Other skills needed but not limited to include:
- Broad knowledge and experience in: basic computer literacy including Database management and Customer Relationship Management Platforms, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, and email marketing
- Excellent skills in: Written and verbal interpersonal communications, organization, attention to detail, time management, web research, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to: Manage multiple tasks at once, work in a fast-paced event environment, collaborate, and respond to problems quickly and efficiently
- General knowledge of: Membership databases, events, customer service, communications and data entry
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Superb attention to detail and ability to reliably adhere to deadlines
- Accurate and reliable data entry skills
- Demonstrated ability to:
- represent ELI to the public in a manner consistent with our mission and values
- manage communications and projects effectively and efficiently while producing high quality deliverables
- collaborate effectively with others
- effectively manage multiple projects/events and establish priorities with moderate supervision
- confidentially and professionally communicate and interact with members, donors and board members
Who is ELI?
The Environmental Law Institute (ELI) is a research and education “think and do” tank that makes law work for people, places, and the planet. We envision a healthy environment, prosperous economies, and vibrant communities founded on the rule of law. Our mission is to foster innovative, just, and practical law and policy solutions to enable leaders across borders and sectors to make environmental, economic, and social progress.
What can you expect from ELI?
The annual salary for this position is $50,000-55,000 annually and is commensurate with experience. ELI’s total compensation includes excellent benefits including:
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer-paid life insurance & disability insurance
- Long Term Care insurance
- Pre-tax transportation benefit
- Fitness Incentive
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Account with employer match
- Paid time off
Ready to apply? Here’s how…
Submit an application package via ELI’s online application system. Simply visit https://www.eli.org/employment to get started. Note that your submission must contain the following uploaded documents (Word or PDF format), as follows:
- Cover letter, addressing your personal goals and interests, as well as your experience and interest in carrying out the duties outlined above.
- Current resume.
Candidates passing the initial applicant screening process will be requested to provide references.
ELI will accept applications for this position until 11:59 pm EST Friday, March 18, 2022. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post may be filled prior to the closing deadline. You must use ELI’s online application system; ELI cannot accept applications submitted by email, USPS or other shipping service, or hand delivery.
Please note that to ensure the health and safety of the ELI workforce, any offer of employment from ELI is contingent on candidates providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. ELI management will consider requests for religious or medical exceptions, consistent with applicable law.
ELI is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to achieving an inclusive, diverse workforce that values every individual. We firmly believe that hiring individuals with varying perspectives and backgrounds contributes to our success as an organization, and we strive to create an environment that fosters inclusiveness. As such, minority candidates and candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.