To enhance the efforts of Advancement through support of all advancement functions, including donor database support, events, fundraising and donor stewardship.
Under the direction of the Director of Advancement, the Advancement Assistant will support the functions of the Advancement team as well as assist with ESLC events and mailing. Support will include data entry, reporting, correspondence and list generation. The Advancement Assistant will also be an essential member of the Major Gifts team, with responsibility for a portfolio of donors as well as assistance of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is full-time and involves various responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Database Support (Raisers Edge):
- Gift entry and production of acknowledgement letters.
- Reporting to appropriate staff on gifts and event registrations.
- Production of lists for mailing and emails.
- Other reports as necessary.
- Tracking cultivation efforts of board and staff in Raisers Edge.
- Advancement Support:
- Assist with events, mailings and other advancement activities.
- Provide support to the Major Gifts Team and help to coordinate efforts.
- Provide research for individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Assist with newsletters and other written communications.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and make solicitations.
- Engage in donor stewardship activities.
- Assist with new donor identification.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum of two-year degree required.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with diverse groups of people.
- Collaborative attitude to work effectively with other staff as part of a team to build ownership and investment.
- Strong problem solving ability and self-starter.
- Strong written, verbal and social skills.
- Interest in others and respect for different perspectives, while representing ESLC and its policies.
- Proficient in all aspect of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with relational or donor databases.
Please submit cover letter and resume