The Advancement Associate is responsible for working with the board of trustees, president, and advancement staff to implement development and marketing strategies, as well as assisting with fundraising and cultivation activities, including events, site tours, special programs, and other outreach to existing and potential donors, by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drafts grant proposals, letters of inquiry, program summaries, and marketing communications, including newsletter content, press releases, reports, letters, and other materials for the Foundation.
• Works with senior staff to develop measurable goals and draft outcome-oriented language for fundraising.
• Researches government funding, foundations, corporations, and individuals. Identifies and evaluates prospects using a variety of information sources.
• Processes all gifts and pledges, ensuring all gifts and pledges are properly recorded in the Blackbaud Altru CRM database and acknowledged.
• Maintains accurate donor records in Blackbaud Altru CRM, including all donor demographic information, name changes, and constituent tags.
• Maintains relationships with existing funders and cultivates new prospects via letters, reports, meetings and site visits.
• Works with staff and board of trustees as needed on special events, long-term financial and organizational planning, capital campaign, endowment fundraising, etc.
• Contributes to volunteer development activities, including recognition and appreciation efforts.
• Maintains development office files and ensures they are up-to-date
• Maintains current knowledge of fundraising issues and practices. Understands the Accokeek Foundation’s programs and how they fit within their respective fields. Collects facts and figures, specific to Accokeek Foundation, as well as regional and national information.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including special projects as requested by senior staff and trustees, including providing assistance to the board’s development committee.
• Bachelor’s degree in a communications related-field; no prior experience is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information in varying levels of formality to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities, through a variety of document types.
• Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality of prospect and donor information.
• Comfort using Office 365 and Google Docs/Sheets; knowledge of Blackbaud’s Altru or other fundraising CRM systems desired.
• A knack for creative expression, graphic design, email marketing, and maintaining websites; familiarity with Canva, Adobe InDesign, Wix, and Constant Contact a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt remote position. Compensation will commensurate with experience ranging from $35,000 – $40,000. The Accokeek Foundation provides eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including flexible paid time off, cost share benefit, paying 50% of health insurance premiums, retirement matching, and paid disability and life insurance.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter describing how your experience, skills, and interests make you uniquely qualified for this position by email with the subject line “Advancement Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org.