Agent Associate, Horticulture and Master Gardener – University of Maryland, Extension (Gambrills, MD)
December 12, 2021
Join the University of Maryland, Extension team in Anne Arundel County! This is an awesome opportunity to work for an incredible school and to work with the wonderful Master Gardener program!
The Faculty Agent Associate-Horticulture will administer all aspects of the Anne Arundel County Horticulture program which includes the following:
- Coordinate the Master Gardener Program in Anne Arundel County which includes volunteer recruitment, training, supervision and coordination of community-based projects.
- Develop, conduct, and evaluate educational seminars, classes, workshops, and other presentations related to home horticulture.
- Develop educational products based on stakeholder needs including fact sheets and other publications, web content, YouTube videos, social media blogs, podcasts, websites, etc.
- Respond to clientele requests via phone, office visits, email, etc., for information on lawn care, landscape plants and trees, fruit and vegetable production, composting, native plants, pest control, and other subjects related to home horticulture, providing appropriate literature and advice in a timely and professional manner. This may include home/site visits when deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Identify plants, insects, and other horticulture samples submitted by clientele and respond with information and recommendations in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide pest control and fertilizer recommendations in accordance with University of Maryland guidelines.
- Disseminate horticulture information to county residents through news releases, website updates, etc.
- Assist in collecting, reporting and evaluating Home Horticulture and Master Gardener programs in accordance with funding requirements and UMD policy.
- Assist the Extension Agriculture Educator with the development of an Urban Agriculture Extension research and education program.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with agricultural organizations and other relevant organizations, implement and evaluate programs, and seek new partnerships to deliver outreach education