TeamAg is a group of passionate, expert engineers and consultants working to improve the environmental health and economic performance of farms across the mid-Atlantic. TeamAg succeeds when our projects support practical and cost effective farm operations for farming families, guarantee regulatory compliance, and ensure viable and environmentally sustainable agricultural landscapes.
We are currently seeking an Agricultural Design Engineer to join our team of professionals based in Lancaster, PA.
Primary focus to provide design engineering assistance including:
- Erosion and Sedimentation (E&S) control plans and reports
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit applications, Stormwater Management plans, and stream encroachment permit applications.
- Manure Storage Certifications and Water Quality Part II (WQPII) permit applications
- Agricultural Best Management Practices
Secondary focus to perform field work including:
- Engineering surveys of selected projects using GPS survey equipment – New sites, construction stake‐out, as‐builts
- Construction Inspections – Stormwater management structures, manure storage facilities, and best management practices
- Site infiltration testing and soil probes
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering or Civil Engineering. May consider applicants with a Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- Strong interest or background in working on farms.
- Successfully completed senior‐level courses in hydraulics and structural design.
- ACAD Civil 3D experience is a plus.
- Must be able to carry equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to operate a 4‐wheeler.
- Interest and ability to work in a team environment.
Working at TeamAg:
- Create Impact: TeamAg is recognized by both farmers and professional conservation organizations as a regional leader in providing quality agricultural services, which we’ve done for the past twenty years. Our engineers design systems that help farms work better for farmers, improve water quality, and minimize greenhouse gas emissions. From local food security, to wildlife habitat, to extreme weather conditions, to stable communities, every small farm has a role to play. Join our team to help ensure that small-scale agriculture continues to be a viable cornerstone in our region.
- Enjoy our Work Flexibility: A common motto at TeamAg is: “Family First.” While we prioritize time in the office to work collaboratively, you’ll have the opportunity to set a schedule that works best for you. As a small company, we respect every individual’s need to find an appropriate work/life balance.
- Work on Diverse Projects: TeamAg supports a wide array of farm sizes and project types, keeping work fresh. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with farmers and other conservation professionals to develop designs that meet farmers’ needs. In addition to desk-based design time, you’ll also break up your routine by stretching your legs in the field. There’s also great satisfaction in seeing a job well done when you’ve been involved with several stages of the project; from breaking ground to closing out.
- Grow Your Skills: In addition to encouragement and support for continuing education and degree programs, you’ll learn a lot by working closely with an experienced and knowledgeable team. We are called TeamAg for a reason! You’ll get to work closely with seasoned professionals with backgrounds in agricultural planning, environmental resource management, agronomy, and regenerative agriculture, to develop comprehensive solutions that work for the farmer.
- Enjoy Comprehensive Benefits: TeamAg provides medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, paid leave, and matched retirement. We also offer a fleet of vehicles for fieldwork and compensation for cell phone use.
- Join a Fun, Supportive Community: We work hard, but have fun too! Summer barbeques, holiday parties, and regular monthly team lunches are great ways to build friendships and improve your lawn game skills.