Oversee all aspects of the Alice Ferguson Foundation’s Hard Bargain Farm, which is an educational working farm for teachers, students and visitors. Duties will include supervision of staff, animal care, fences, agricultural and croplands, and the sale of farm products. Operate farm machinery. Work with Facilities staff to maintain buildings, trails and cropland. Assist with the execution of agricultural-focused field study for students and other visitors.
- Implement sustainable and regenerative agriculture practices that are in line with land use best management practices and to ensure farm activities comply with Federal, state and local regulations. Agriculture practices may include hay production, meat and egg production. Coordinate annual renewal of farm licenses and various other permits.
- Oversee animal management and care to include assessing, sorting, castrating, selling, medicating or confining, to ensure the health and safety of the animals.
- Manage the rotational grazing of beef cattle to maximize manure enhancement to soil. Execute the layout and set up of electric fencing and watering lines.
- Supervise morning and evening animal feeding and care and oversee farm staff to ensure care and feeding are provided as directed. Animals on site may include cattle, chickens, goats, sheep, pigs, donkeys and the like.
- Oversee equipment operation and maintenance. Keep equipment in good working order. Coordinate the routine maintenance of farm equipment, tractors and trucks as needed, keeping records current. Executes repairs for farm vehicles, or arranging for repair work, as appropriate.
- Supervise part time staff, including training and evaluating staff.
- Work closely under the supervision of the Facilities Manager to coordinate and execute installation, repair and maintenance of fences and farm buildings as needed.
- Assists with the development and management of the annual budget.
- Assist as needed on special facilities maintenance projects, performing repairs upon request as well as other miscellaneous duties under the supervision of the Facilities Manager.
- Assist with content for publications and social media.
- Participate in public and private events, as needed.
- Participate in staff development, including staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist other teams, as needed.
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.