The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay is seeking at part-time RiverTrends program assistant in our Richmond, VA office. The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay (Alliance) is a regional nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring together individuals, organizations, businesses, and governments to find collaborative solutions, to build a strong commitment to stewardship, and to deliver innovative, broadly-supported programs that benefit the land, waters and residents of the Chesapeake Bay.
RiverTrends is a volunteer water quality monitoring program and consists of a regional network of over 80 trained volunteers who perform monthly water quality tests that help track the condition of local waterways that flow into the Chesapeake Bay. The Alliance has been coordinating RiverTrends for over 30 years in partnership with the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, and in 2015 started the Chesapeake Monitoring Cooperative, expanding this model Bay wide.
Major activities and responsibilities of this position include:
- Conduct outreach, recruit, and manage volunteers for participation in the program.
- Coordinate and lead new monitor trainings and recertification trainings for volunteers participating in RiverTrends.
- Collect and review water quality data submitted by volunteers, conduct data entry and quality assurance checks.
- Track equipment inventory, keep equipment up to date, and place new equipment orders.
- Coordinate planning the Virginia Citizens for Water Quality Summit.
- Assist with grant reporting and tracking as needed.
- Assist with online/social media communications, article writing to promote program, and website development and maintenance.
- Ensure Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is considered in recruiting and working with volunteers, groups, and contractors in order to follow the commitment made by the Alliance Board Resolution.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to Liz Chudoba at firstname.lastname@example.org and include RiverTrends Program Assistance in the subject line or mail a hard copy to 612 Hull Street, Suite 101C, Richmond, VA 23224. No phone inquiries please.
Please see the attached job announcement for more details!