Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay- Project Clean Stream Internship (Part-Time)
The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay seeks an enthusiastic and creative person to join us as a part-time Project Clean Stream Intern 15-20 hours per week, Feb 1- June 15, 2019. Timing, location, and schedule is flexible.
About the Position:
This position will coordinate our Project Clean Stream program (PCS). Through PCS, the Alliance offers hands-on opportunities through our partnership with residents, local businesses, environmental organizations, local governments, community groups, houses of worship, schools and universities, to come together to take action to restore clean waters to local waterways. Through PCS cleanups, volunteers have the opportunity to pick-up trash in their communities, discover how their everyday decisions affect the overall health of their local waterways, and ultimately foster a healthier and more sustainable relationship with the Chesapeake.
Primary Job Duties
- Answer questions about and help partners register clean-ups through the PCS database app: https://pg-cloud.com/ACB
- Assist partners on the phone and via email
- Purchase clean-up supplies, including gloves, first aid equipment, signage, and trash bags as needed
- Deliver and arrange pick-up locations for supplies
- Attend and coordinate clean-up events
- Train clean-up teams throughout the watershed
- Connect individuals, small groups, clean-up coordinators, businesses, and local governments
- Represent the Alliance throughout the watershed at field events and meetings
- Export, retrieve, and compile PCS results
- Partner with City/County/Municipal/Bureau of Highways entities to get assistance with trash removal from PCS events
- Occasional weekend travel and event work is required
Ideal Qualifications & Experience
- A commitment to the health of the Chesapeake Bay watershed and interest or experience in environmental stewardship
- Ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team and independently
- Responsive and customer service focused
- Proficiency with social media platforms, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel)
- Working with volunteers and non-profit experience a plus
This is an unpaid internship. The Alliance will work with a student and school if credits are desired through an internship program. Travel reimbursement will be made when the PCS Coordinator works outside of the designated office.
For more info and to apply, please email Corinne Stephens, Business Partnerships Manager, email@example.com. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references at the time of application.