Lower Shore Land Trust (LSLT) is seeking a full-time AmeriCorps Member to serve as a project coordinator to help lead pollinator habitat and “Bay-Wise” landscaping projects.
The Lower Shore Land Trust is a nationally accredited nonprofit land trust that is dedicated to preserving rural lands, to promoting vibrant towns, and to building a healthier and more connected Eastern Shore. The land trust’s primary mission is to conserve critical habitat, protect water quality, and encourage stewardship on Lower Shore lands.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Working with LSLT staff as the point person for outreach & education on “pollinator certified” and “bay-wise” landscaping – including community build days.
- Providing leadership for the planning and execution of the 2020 Delmarva Pollinator Festival event (~May 02nd, 2020).
- Helping to lead education components of LSLT’s outreach, including coordination of “brown bag lunches” and Snow Hill 1st Friday community events, volunteer recruitment, and best practices for homeowners (rain gardens, etc.).
Benefits available to the AmeriCorps Member include:
- Valuable experience
- A bi-weekly stipend of $583
- An education award of $6,095 for future educational expenses or repayment of student loans
- Federal student loan forbearance while in service, with exemption from paying interest accrued during that time
- 6 tuition-free credits at Salisbury University for completion of training course
- Health insurance and child care reimbursement, if eligible
- Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Network
Candidates must be available during the following hours:
May require some occasional weekend service (Pollinator Festival or Saturday landscaping build days), but hours will be primarily served during typical office hours.
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Have a strong interest in serving the community
- Be able to relate to diverse populations
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Able to provide copy of either high school diploma, GED, or college transcript
- Have reliable transportation
- Be available to attend the tuition-free, AmeriCorps class at Salisbury University bi-weekly during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Must successfully pass a comprehensive Criminal History Check, which includes FBI fingerprinting
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident alien
- Applicants DO NOT need to be college students, anyone from the community who fits the above requirements may participate.
The member will begin on or after August 15th, 2019 and must complete 1700 hours by August 14th, 2020.
This position is offered through a partnership with ShoreCorps, the AmeriCorps program at Salisbury University. It is contingent upon federal funding and approval of the AmeriCorps office.
To fill out an application, visit www.salisbury.edu/americorps and click on ‘Become a Member.’