Project Coordinator/Environment Boat Tour Captain
Anacostia Riverkeeper (ARK) is seeking an energetic, hands-on Project Coordinator and educational boat tour “captain”.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and supporting program activities and organizational projects. This position interfaces regularly with multiple community leaders and groups as well as the management of Anacostia Riverkeeper.
You must be a collaborative team player who can take responsibility, meet deadlines, be creative and flexible, affable and enjoy getting out with the community.
Can you manage a recreational motor boat? Are you familiar with urban watershed issues? Do you like to get your hands dirty?
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct community boat tours on the Anacostia Riverkeeper (ARK) boat.
- Support ARK partnerships, projects, and other relevant activities that support the ARK mission.
- Research and assist in developing and executing project plans and proposals for expanding the ARK presence in the community.
- Serve as an “ambassador” of the ARK mission
- Maintain current files and reports of ARK activities and communications with external parties.
- Support weekend and evening meeting and event participation (required). For such events and for other community outreach/activities, the candidate must have a car.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Environmental Service/Management degree preferred
Qualifications: The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A passion for environmental protection and a commitment to the mission and goals of the organization;
- A working knowledge of boating operations, seamanship, and water safety;
- A well-organized self-starter, with the ability to coordinate and manage projects successfully within schedule and budget constraints;
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms, Google platforms;
- Excellent communications skills (written, oral, and interpersonal) as well as the ability to motivate and inspire other staff and interns.
- Must have a car.
- Spanish fluency a plus
- PhotoShop proficiency a plus
Please submit resume, letter of interest and salary expectations.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates email: email@example.com