The Annapolis Maritime Museum and Park
The Education Center of the Annapolis Maritime Museum and Park seeks seasonal interns to assist in the development, management, and implementation of education programs. The Education Center annually educates over 10,000 children about the Annapolis area’s maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through a suite of hands-on, experiential programs. Through school programs and public programs, the Annapolis Maritime Museum and Park promotes inquiry-based learning and encourages environmental literacy.
Internships are available for the spring, starting as early as January. Successful interns will be outgoing, motivated, and responsible. Internship opportunities are flexible and can be tailored to individual interests. Interns will assist with and lead programs for Pre-K through 8th grade students. Programs involve Chesapeake Bay animals, water quality testing, maritime culture, and similar lessons.
- Facilitate and lead education programs
- Aid in the development of hands-on environmental education lessons
- Create and prepare program materials
- Tailor creative lessons and activities to your specific interests
- Manage aquatic animals (including fish, eels, crabs, etc.)
- Collect scientific data as it pertains to education programs
- Monitor water quality
Skills and Qualifications:
- One year of undergraduate study in Biology, Environmental Studies, Education, or related field preferred
- Experience or interest working with kids preferred
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Flexibility and the ability to problem solve
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain the high standards and quality of the Education Center programs
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
Commitment and Stipend
Upon completion of 120 hours, interns will receive a stipend of $600. Interns may also apply their hours toward college credit.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Kirsten Barbera at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, please include schedule preferences (e.g. every Tuesday and Thursday, any day but Mondays, etc.).
To learn more about the museum visit www.amaritime.org.
Application submission is currently open and applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.