The Annapolis Maritime Museum and Park located on the banks of the beautiful Severn River is seeking 1-2 college interns to complete our summer camp staff. Interns interested in education, environmental studies, ecology, or recreation are encouraged to apply.
Our mission at the AMM is to educate people of all ages about the area’s rich maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through programs, exhibits and community events. Through our summer camp program, we are able to reach over 250 youth and help inspire the next generation of environmental stewards. Join us as we work alongside campers to develop a deeper connection with the natural world and maritime culture by exploring our 12-acre wooded park campus, a secluded cove, nature trails, marsh habitat, and more! Traditional fun camp activities are also included!
During the 7-week internship, interns will:
- Assist with all aspects of day camp for campers entering grades K-9th grade, including supervision, daily set up and clean up, and program material management
- Develop and lead at least one hands-on environmental education lesson a week
- Lead or co-lead a variety of group activities, such as crafts, outdoor exploration, games, kayaking, etc.
- Communicate with Lead Staff regarding concerns, challenges, and camper experiences
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including health logs and daily attendance
- Ensure children’s safety, manage behavior, and act as a role model and mentor
7 week long sessions beginning July 8 through August 23, 8:15-4:15 daily with occasional before-care or after-care duty. 40-hour work week. Mandatory training June 18 from 10-4pm. Camp prep July 1 and 2 from 10-4pm.
Email resume and cover letter to Camp Director, Katey Nelson, at email@example.com