The Oyster Recovery Partnership, a regional non-profit organization based in Annapolis, Maryland seeks a dynamic, creative, and energetic leader to serve as Executive Director.
The Executive Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer for the Board of Directors and is charged with the overall administration and management of a $7 million environmental nonprofit organization that oversees a number of high-visibility programs and services that are focused on oyster recovery and fishery management solutions in the Chesapeake Bay.
The Executive Director reports to a Chairman and executive committee as part of an 18-member Board of Directors and is administratively responsible for the Board. The Executive Director is responsible for carrying out the work of the organization, including:
- Ensuring the Board of Directors, Executive Committee and officers are kept fully informed of the conditions and operations regarding organization. Attends all meetings of the Board, Executive and Finance & Audit Committees
- Oversight of ORP’s 25-member full time and contract staff located in Annapolis and Cambridge, Maryland offices, recruitment and retention, and staff development and training
- Oversight and authority over ORP’s assets including fleet of vehicles, boats, heavy equipment
- Being responsible for the organization’s finance, fundraising and grants management reporting including identifying and creating new business opportunities
- Being responsible for implementing the organization’s strategic plan and achieving target milestones
- Working collaboratively and effectively with the organization’s federal, state and county government, non-profit, corporate and industry partners
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent; Master’s Degree in Business preferred
- Minimum of 15-years management with sales and profit and loss experience; nonprofit organization experience; Experience in the environmental consulting services industry a plus
- Proven track record of success in a leadership position overseeing operations of an organization or program while maintaining solid relationships with staff, board, and community
- Working knowledge of government operations and commercial fisheries
- Experience in conducting media interviews and public speaking
- Ability to make decisions and work with a broad diversity of partner organizations
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills
- Solid, energetic, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
POSITION STATUS and BENEFITS:
The position is a full-time permanent (40 hours) with full benefits including health, 401K, and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience. The primary duty location for this position is Annapolis, Maryland. Regular in-state travel to meetings and field locations is required.
Closing Date: September 25, 2019
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to ORPExeDir@gmail.com with Exe Dir in the subject line. No phone calls please.