The Oyster Recovery Partnership (ORP) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization engaged in oyster restoration, advancing oyster aquaculture, and promoting sustainable management of native oyster and fishery stocks. ORP’s coastal program is headquartered in Annapolis Maryland where it supports oyster restoration and fishery management improvement projects.
ORP has an immediate opening for a 6-month Jr. Coastal Science field technician contract position at its Annapolis, MD location. Applicants must have boating and field data collection experience.
Specific duties will include:
- Maintaining and deploying water quality monitoring equipment
- Data management and data entry, analysis and report writing
- Participating as a team member on oyster reef monitoring surveys
- Conduct commercial fisheries harvest verification
- Supporting education and community outreach events
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education
- Experience personal and tablet computers
- Documented boating experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must possess reliable transportation
- Some overnight travel is required
- Familiarity with oyster biology, restoration and/or aquaculture
- Familiarity with scientific monitoring
- Familiarity with commercial fishing operations
Position Details and Benefits:
This contract position is a 6-month appointment that is full-time hourly (40 hours/week) without benefits. Compensation per hour will be $15 per hour. The primary duty station for this position is Annapolis, Maryland. A majority of the time will be outdoors and in the field. Frequent in-state travel using the candidates personal vehicle is required. Employment beyond the original appointment is dependent upon individual performance and availability of funding. Expected employment from August to January 2020.
This position is open until filled. Interviews of qualified applicants will be scheduled beginning at the end of July 2019.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Job Opening- Oyster Restoration Technician. No phone calls please