Serves as an intern by assisting Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education staff in the needs of the outdoor education programs. Work involves supporting program through assisting with instructional and facility needs and operations. This includes preparation of materials, outdoor instruction, participating in staff development activities and helping with upkeep of educational displays. Work is planned and implemented under the direction of the Coordinator of Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education and the professional staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs and implements lessons as a part of the Environmental Literacy field experience.
- Assists the Outdoor Education Teacher Specialist and Outdoor Educator with parent in-services.
- Organizes the set up and break down of necessary equipment and materials needed for instructional programs and activities.
- Assists in developing instructional materials and activities for use in the outdoor education program.
- Directs and oversees dining hall meal procedures to assure proper meal atmosphere and behavior.
- Assists parents and teachers with instructional activities and programs as assigned.
- Maintains tree nursery and native plant gardens as a part of the environmental and outdoor education center.
- Assists with aquaculture maintenance.
- Assists with upkeep of databases and administrative duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervision and Guidance Received
- Works under the general supervision of the Coordinator of Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education.
- Works under the immediate direction and supervision of the Outdoor Educator and/or other professional staff member.
High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Preference of course work and/or studies in environmental education, environmental management, outdoor education, elementary or secondary education, recreation or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work as a team member and show patience when working with students, teachers, administrators, fellow employees, parents, volunteers and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse population
· Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook and/or PowerPoint preferred). A minimum score on pre-employment assessment is required.
Please send resume and cover letter to Jessica Lechert- JMLechert@aacps.org or call 410-222-3822