Assistant River Programs Manager
Arundel Rivers Federation is seeking an Assistant River Programs Manager to help manage environmental programs; identify future projects that will improve the health of our rivers; and identify and document practices that appear to be contributing excessive nutrients, bacteria and sediments to the rivers and streams of the South, West and Rhode Rivers. This role will support the Director of Restoration and the Riverkeeper and report to the Executive Director.
- Follow up on potential threats to river health, including responding to citizen calls and complaints in a timely manner; working with the Riverkeeper and the Executive Director to determine the appropriate actions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key partner organizations and individuals, and work to build consensus among stakeholder groups on the rivers.
- Monitor restoration projects and third-party construction activity potentially affecting the rivers to ensure proper compliance with plans, report observed violations, and lead efforts to correct violations.
- Assist with operation of the RIVERKEEPER® boats and keep the boats and their equipment fully operational and well maintained.
- Participate in and support the organization’s efforts to cultivate new members.
- Support the Federation’s fundraising efforts with foundations, individuals, and corporations. This includes developing grant funding proposals, participating in fundraising events, and meeting with funders, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental conservation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions and be able to lift at least 50-pounds and swim proficiently for short distances.
- Personable, dependable team player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are a must.
- S. in Environmental Science or conservation backgrounds
- Experience with farming issues related to agricultural runoff is a plus
- Experience with Esri GIS software.
- Experience operating and maintaining small watercraft, including proof of Maryland DNR small craft safety card, USCG license, or equivalent; and valid driver’s license.
Salary and Compensation:
The salary range is $50,000 to $60,000, depending on experience. We offer generous vacation and holiday leave, health insurance including dental and vision, life insurance, and matching contribution to retirement savings account. The office is very dog friendly.
This is a full-time remote position until further notice. When offices fully reopen, this position will be based in Edgewater, MD.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Assistant Rivers Program Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until June 4, 2021. No phone calls.
Arundel Rivers Federation is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.