Title: Assistant Superintendent, Erosion & Sediment Control
Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Metropolitan DC Area and Yard at Manassas, VA
Reports to: Director of Operations
Visit Us: https://www.mullerec.com/
We are a specialty Civil Contractor that works throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region specializing in a broad range of services. Our clients include Site Development/Heavy Highway/Infrastructure Contractors, General Contractors, Real Estate Developers, Government Agencies, Homebuilders and Property Managers that work in the DC Metro.
We are seeking a highly qualified applicant to join our growing team! Muller is hiring for a Full-Time Assistant Superintendent to add to our Erosion & Sediment Control Divisions. We anticipate the operations expanding and will need an Assistant Superintendent to help oversee this growth. This will include checking on crews daily, serving as the foreman on jobs when necessary, and keeping our Head Superintendent and Project Manager up to speed on what’s happening in the field on a daily basis.
Disclaimer: The following description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required.
- Manage E&S/Seeding/Underdrain/Punch crews in the field daily.
- Read plans and understand E&S details and roadside development plans for seeding. An Understanding of bond release work is a plus.
- Monitor multiple projects occurring simultaneously.
- Communicate with client on-site representatives in field daily.
- Communicate with Muller Project Manager and Head Superintendent daily to keep them updated on what’s happening on jobs and what materials and equipment will be needed for jobs the following day.
- Manage subcontracted crews completing work. Make sure they are operating in a safe manner while also making sure they are productive. This includes running materials and equipment out to them in certain situations.
- Verify that each crew has the proper tools, equipment and personnel before leaving the yard each morning.
- Communicating with the project/yard manager to effectively staff and get equipment as needed.
- Ability to jump in and run a crew when we are shorthanded with operators or foreman on certain days.
- At minimum has 3-5 years of experience as a foreman or operator on a E&S crew
- Previous experience overseeing crews installing erosion controls
- Ability to operate equipment
- Ability to read plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Outlook, Word etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License
- College education is preferred
- Competitive Salary + Yearly Bonus
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance plus additional voluntary plans
- 401K with company match
- Company phone, computer,
- Take home company truck or mileage reimbursement for all work-related travel